Are You Battle Ready?
Updated: May 14
We are in a battle.
We are fortunate that Wisconsin is able to begin reopening, but that doesn’t mean we can go back to “business as usual.” The Wisconsin State Supreme Court ruled that the statewide stay-at-home orders have been lifted, though there will be some citywide or countywide stay-at-home orders creating different rules and regulations across the state.
If we want our state to fully reopen – and STAY open – we all need to do some basic things:
1. Limit unnecessary interaction with people outside your household. Do you really need to go into the store to get those supplies or can you opt for curbside pick-up or delivery?
2. Wash your hands. Maybe even wear a mask. Having a cookout with your family for the 4th of July? Wash your hands. Encourage your friends and family to wash their hands. Heck, if you really want to have a patriotic 4th, wear a red, white, and blue mask!
3. Find another outlet. Yes, it is unfortunate that we missed out on March Madness AND Spring Training. But maybe you can go for a hike or run or even take up woodworking. Find an outlet for that energy.
4. Remember: You are not invincible. You don’t want to get Coronavirus and have to recover from it. You might not get over it. And you might get it again. And you might give it to someone more at-risk than you. Don’t be that guy.
5. Use your head. Use the sense your Mom and Dad gave you. If your Grandma looked at your behavior, would she be proud? Would she be safe?
6. Stay Informed. With reopening and information around the virus constantly changing, we all have to stay informed about how to keep ourselves and others safe. Follow local public health guidance and the CDC.
Still reading? Good. If we can all do our part, we can get back to our lives sooner. Let’s do this together. And let’s win the battle against the Coronavirus.